Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

SXSW 2013


I was in Austin for a week for the SXSW Film Festivals. The weather was nice and the food was great, but the only pictures I took were of Dave Grohl and Jared Leto. My thirteen-year-old self would have fainted with the sight of these two guys, but my matured self tried to act composed while the heart was filled with juvenile glee.

Dave Grohl was there to present his documentary “Sound City.” Here’s the trailer.


Jared Leto was there to present his documentary “Artifact.”


While I enjoy both of the documentaries above, my favorite movie from the Festival is Joss Whedon’s version of Shakespeare “Much Ado about Nothing.” I can’t wait for it to be on DVD/Netflix so that I can watch it over an over again :-D



2 comments:

  1. 1. Aren't famous people way skinnier than you think they'd be in person? 2. I'm way into this Joss Whedon MDAN thing. Exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very skinny. I saw Sarah Silverman too, she's really skinny for a celebrity that rely on her wits before her looks (supposedly as a comedian).

      And, you won't be disappointed with Much Ado About Nothing. The movie was shot in twelve days at Joss Whedon's house. And he has a really nice house. And the cast were great. Though they were using American accent rather than old english accent, it turned out good. It is my favorite Shakespeare play, and this is my favorite version on the silk screen.

      Delete