Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup topped with quark and cucumber and served with a side of breadstick

I wanted to make make Broccoli Cheddar soup actually. But Mr. P shot down that idea pretty quickly. Apparently, he didn't like cheesy soup. And since he was sick, I didn't want to be on his bad side. So, I  made Tomato Soup instead. 


I found a recipe inspired by Panera Bread Tomato Soup. But I made a few changes to fit what I had in the pantry.  Instead of fresh tomatoes, I used canned tomatoes--Muir Glen Fire-Roasted Crushed Tomatoes to be specific. I also omitted bell pepper because I didn't have any in hand. And, instead of sprinkling it with Asiago cheese, I topped it with quark (because that's what I  had and need to use up). With all these alteration, it still tastes pretty good.

I only had thought about making Tomato soup because my friend reminded me about how we used to eat those back in the days. Yup, I use to make them a lot because it fit my budget as a new graduate. How time has passed. Now, the upcoming graduating class didn't even finish high school when we graduated. The next thing we know, the graduating class was not even born when we graduated from college. erk…

No matter how time has passed, we will always revisit the food that evoke the sense of comfort. Especially if it is good. Tomato soup is easy-to-make, comforting, and most important of all, it brings smile to my face.


Recipe inspiration:

No comments:

Post a Comment