Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sugar Cookies!


These are pretty cookies :-)
I'm bragging about the cookies my close friend from college and I made last Sunday. So, what's the occasion? Usually, I would say "because we just felt like it." But we actually made this for a special reason. What's the reason? She's getting married to the man she loves this coming Friday. Congratulation in advance. I will be the most underdressed person at the wedding -- I tried to look for a dress, but they were either look too ugly on me or way to expensive -- but hey, I'll be bringing the cookies =)


When we first met each other at the school cafeteria through mutual friend, I knew then that we would become friend. But I never knew to what extend our friendship would go. I'm glad that our path crossed, otherwise college and post-college would not be as much fun. Like last weekend, I could not imagine anyone else would spend a Sunday making their wedding cookies with me. I cherish time like those because it doesn't happen to often. Also, since she now lives on the other side of the country, I don't even know when else can we have this kinda moment together. Wherever lives take us, I wish her the best on this new journey.



Links to recipes mentioned in this post:
*note: I made chocolate sugar cookies, by adding 1/2 cup of cocoa powder and reducing 1/4 cup of flour from the Sugar cookies recipe

8 comments:

  1. T,
    Wow! They look so beautiful to be eaten la! You guys really have creative hands :)

    * Selamat Pengantin Baru to your fren!
    * just to let you know, I tried your recipe of cheese pineapple tart (had to substitute the pineapple jam tho) and everybody LOVED them tarts! his mother even asked me for your recipe :). TQ T!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :,) You are too, too sweet...Just like your cookies. I will have Sundays to make food with you for the rest of my life if I can help it. You are truly one of my best friends!

    I can't thank you enough for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've got that artistic flair ...

    Those biscuits act as door gifts ke T?

    ReplyDelete
  4. aida,
    Pineapple Tart is such a hit every time I make them too. We actually made some for the wedding too.

    pallot,
    i really enjoy all of our cookie decorating, cupcake decorating, and of course, crepe making.

    cik som,
    i'm not familiar with door gifts, what are those?
    These cookies, along with pineapple tarts & london almonds, will be served during the reception, as a snack between courses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nik,
    sure. make it a MalacCa event. That would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. T
    'Door gift' serupa bunga telur yg kita beri pada tetamu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo...
    dekat sini dia panggil "wedding favors." These cookies buat makan sebelum makanan sampai & masa makan dessert.

    ReplyDelete